It took six months since its launch in September 2012 for Nokia’s first Windows 8 phone to arrive in our shores.The phone is very impressive with its 4.3-inch OLED display and Snapdragon 1.5GHZ dual-core S4 processor. Though a bit behind Samsung’s flagship phone specs.
- Ample internal space of 8GB, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card. Plus 7GB in SkyDrive.
- Tethering via 3G or LTE is up to 8 devices. Other mobile brands is limited to 5 Wi-Fi ready devices only.
- Smart Shoot enables merging of pictures to arrive at the best shot.
- Cinemagraph allows animation of pictures taken by the Nokia exclusive lens.
- Nokia City Lens looks for the location of the image where it is taken and provide details of its surroundings.
- Press the Nokia’s eye-icon and point the camera to a foreign text and allow Bing to translate for you.
- The 2 HAAC microphones allow better recordings.
- The Nokia Audio, allow its amazing equalizers to deliver the best sound quality including Dolby enhancements over headphones.
- The speaker is at the bottom allowing us to listen even the phone lied on the table.
- It’s not a uni-body device, meaning you can remove the battery.
The Nokia 820 is available in black, white, red, and yellow. SRP: P18, 990.