“Me at the Zoo” is the first video uploaded to YouTube on April 23, 2005 showing YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim at San Diego zoo. The video is 19-seconds long and has more than 8-million hits as of today.
- there are more videos uploaded to YouTube in one month than the videos produced by the 3 US major networks in 60 years.
- one hour+ video is uploaded every second or 72 hours per minute
- 4-billion videos viewed every day
- 800-millon unique users visit the site each month
- 3-billion video views monetized weekly
- 500 years worth of YouTube video viewed on Facebook daily
- 700 YouTube videos shared on Twitter every minute
- Singer Lady Gaga’s video was the first to hit 1-billion views in Oct. 20, 2011
- YouTube was founded by 3 PayPal employees
- Google’s purchase of YouTube @ $1.65 billion in 2006 has been considered the highest single purchase in the internet.