Samsung has just launched late morning today(Phil Time) in London the latest of its mobile smart phones–Galaxy S III. What is expected from Galaxy S III is the new Exynos 4 Quad Core under its hood. As the first device to use the Exynos 4 Quad Core, the Galaxy S III is vibrantly fast, twice that of Galaxy Note.
Have a glimpse of the launching at the Samsung Mobile Upacked 2012 event in London or watch the video below.
The Galaxy S III could not be the perfect smart phone but it is full-packed of the most wanted features for a functional phone. Samsung uses this tagline for the Galaxy S III as “Designed for humans and inspired by nature“. The wallpapers and the sounds within the device are related to nature.
The Galaxy S III is full but yet slim with only 8.6mm thick and weighs 133gms even if it has the largest display screen on its category at 4.8-inches. iPhone 4s, on the other hand, is at 9.3mm thick and weighs 140gms with screen size at 3.5 inches(diagonal).
Here are the outstanding features of the Galaxy S III:
- super-fast (double the speed of Galaxy Note) with the Exynos 4 Quad Core processor (check here the benchmarking)
- the largest display screen–4.8-inch Super AMOLED
- HD video recording @ front camera while it can take still pictures at the same time with its 8Mp rear camera
- Intelligent features: “Smart Stay” allows the phone display to stay on as long as your eyes are on it while it sleeps when you also stop looking at it. It has voice recognition to do task like taking pictures in eight (8) languages including British and American English. The “Social Tag” feature uses face recognition of the faces on the pictures and automatically send it to the right person. With its “Smart Alert” you won’t miss a call. The “Best Photo” automatically selects the best shot in a burst of 8 images when taking pictures. The “S Beam” makes sharing easier in Galaxy S III as it uses NFC technology on its Wifi Direct sharing. The “Pop-up” feature allows you to open messages and other task while watching video.
- LTE-capable which the details shall be announced later by Samsung
- In-Call sound equalizer to ensure good voice quality during calls
- Comes with a wireless battery charger
Samsung says the Galaxy S III will be made available in 145 countries through its 296 partner operators. Shipping shall start by end of May starting in Europe then in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Latin America, USA, Japan and Korea by December. Samsung didn’t mention about the price of the Galaxy S III.