Since 2006, I have one (1) Facebook personal account, 8 active fan/business/community Facebook pages, one (1) inactive political page, and one (1) pending Facebook business page. Click here for its details.
How i manage all of it? Lately, i made a Facebook schedule so as not to indulge myself too much to it.
Rappler.com reports a SocialBakers latest data for the Philippines:
- 1 out of 4 Filipinos has Facebook account
- 27,720,300 Facebook users (27.75% of the population and 93.33% of the online population)
- #8 Facebook country
- 39% of users are 18-24 years old and 24% are 25-34 years old
- 52% of all Filipino Facebook users are female; 48% are male
- decline in growth in the 13-15 demographic (8%)
Despite that majority of the Filipinos started “Facebooking” only in 2009, we landed in the #8 spot of the top Facebook countries. More than a quarter of our population are Facebook users and that’s almost all of the Filipino online users.
I belong to the 5% demographic category while the seniors are 1 to 2 percent of the Philippines’ Facebook population. The data reports a decline in the 13-15 age bracket Facebook users. However, my own volition points to the younger Facebook users “cheating” their real age for some reasons.
What does these stats would mean to all of us Filipinos? Are we spending our time wisely and not waste most of it online?